Efforts to eat healthy and as light as possible should not only be reserved for the spring-summer months, but the dominance of healthy recipes should spread throughout the whole year! In order to have a balanced and healthy diet we have posted some healthy dishes you can implement in your diet.
When you think of eating a light meal, don’t think of dieting immediately, but think of it as a healthier life-style. Moreover, it should not take such an effort to reach this objective.
Well I can hear you say ”but how can I prepare a fast and healthy meal?”. You’ll find the answers below.
These delicacies, each of which will steal your heart with the ease of its preparation, will make you fall in love.
You just started eating a healthy diet without even realizing it. And without realizing how quickly these dishes are ready to be served.
Then come on, get healthy!
Lets start light: Zucchini meat-ball recipe
We can assume that Zucchini was a vegetable not of all us liked during childhood and I’m sure you’re having a hard time to have your kids eat it. But as an adult most of us have grown fond of this vegetable. For those of you who still don’t like the taste of it we have come with a recipe to make you and your kids like it. So getting those essential vitamins and minerals will become a lot easier when you follow these steps!
Zucchini meat-balls ingredients list:
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Small onion
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Finely chopped parsly
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 350 Grams of ground beef
- 1 Clove garlic
- 4 Tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon powdered pepper / cayenne
- 1 Small cup olive oil
- If you’d like you can prepare it in the oven on a platter with greaseproof paper, just bake it for around 25 minutes
How we prepare our zucchını meatballs:
- Grate the Zucchini and draint the excess moisture.
- Chop up the onion in fine pieces with the help of a mixer or grate it, drain the excess water. Peel the garlic and crush it.
- Put the beef in a deep bowl and add the egg to it.
- Add all the other ingredients in the bowl and knead them well.
- Wrap up the mixture in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for around 20 minutes.
- Prepare the mixture into full and round meatballs with your hands.
- Take a frying pan and add the olive oil, once heated put in the meatballs. Make sure they fry on each side. Once turned a little brown and the inside of the meatballs is well-done drain the excess oil and serve the dish. Enjoy!
- Prepare a healthy yoghurt sauce with herbs to dip in the meatballs!
A Filling Salad: Chickpea Salad With Pomegranate Syrup
Salads are the first that come to mind for those who want to lose weight. It also completes that empty space on your plate. Some find salads unfulfilling well we have to disagree with them, it mainly depends on what your salad contains. A salad can be very nutritious and filling at the same time.
With salads you can think out of the box, a lot of different ingredients can be added to a salad. Whatever you put in it gives it a different taste and nutritional value. In this particular recipe the chickpea plays a leading role. Chickpeas are very rich in proteins and contain fiber, phosporus, iron and zinc. This salad offers us the opportunity to eat a satisfying and nutritious meal. You can consume this hearty salad flavored with the irresistible taste of pomegranate syrup instead of a traditional meal such as pasta or rice and feel full and light all day long. Bon appetit!
Chickpea salad with pomegranate syrup ıngredients lıst:
- 250 grams of boiled chickpeas
- 10 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 cucumbers (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 bunch of dill (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions (finely cut)
Ingredients lıst for the sauce:
- 1/2 small cup of olive oil
- 1/2 lemon’s juice
- 4 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (can be increased or decreased to your liking)
Important tıp by the chef:
- Chickpeas, pre-boiled and cooled, will keep the other ingredients fresh when added to the salad. If you prefer to eat the salad lukewarm, you can add the chickpeas at the last step and serve.
How we prepare the chıckpea salad with pomegranate syrup:
- Put the boiled (but cooled) chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and all the greens ina bowl and mix them together without crushing the ingredients.
- Add in a seperate bowl the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pomegranate syrup whisk them until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Add the sauce into the salad and stir.
- Divide the salad into bowls and serve.
You may also like to read:
An Alternative For Chicken: Grilled Turkey Breast
For those who want something else in their diet instead of fish, chicken or meat this is a must-try!
The best way to add flavour to lean breast meat is to marinate and use ingredients such as milk, seltzer water or yogurt that will soften the meat as it waits. Whether you want to cook the softened breast meat in a pan or put it in the oven is entirely up to you. You will love the combination of onions, greens and turkey meat. This recipe will take you to the core of a healthy dieat.
Bon appetit. Healthy, low-calorie days!
grilled turkey breast ıngredients list:
- 4 turkey breasts
- 1 tablesoon of olive oil
- 1/2 small bottle of seltzer water (150ml)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 red onion
- If you’d like you can put the breasts in the oven with 180degrees for around 15 to 20 minutes
How we prepare grilled turkey breasts
- Marinate the turkey breasts in seltzer water, olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Put in the fridge and let it stay for around 30 to 35 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan
- Put the breasts in the heated pan and cook both sides on low flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Chop the onions coarsely.
- Cover the bottom of your serving plates with the onions. Place the breasts on top of the onions and add vegetables to your liking for extra colour and flavour!
Delightfull and Healthy: Salmon with Home-Made Pesto Sauce
We all knew pesto sauce to be made from basil and it always was tasty that way. However, pesto sauce can be made not only from basil, but also from spinach, parsley, arugula and many other green herbs. You can eved add walnuts, hazelnuts and peanuts. Moreover it not only makes the salmon taste excellent it turns the food into a visual feast!
Let’s put the pesto sauce in the lead role of our dinner today. Let’s give it a whole new dimension with parsley, swiss cheese and walnuts. Let’s rub it generously on the salmon. Let’s put in in the oven and let it sutter in there and become delicious. Come on and have a look at a dinner which excels in practicallity and a plate that will show off with its taste and look.
Salmon with pesto sauce ingredients list:
- 4 pieces of salmon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
Pesto sauce ıngredients list:
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 30 grams of walnuts (weight of the inside)
- 100 grams of swiss cheese (grated)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
How we make the salmon with pesto sauce:
- Fry the walnuts in a pan for 2 to 3 minutes
- Separate the parsley from its stalks
- Peel the skin of the garlic
- Put the grated swiss cheese, garlic, parsley and roasted walnux into a mixer.
- Add some black pepper and olive oil as well.
- While mixing add the remaining olive oil little by little untill it reaches the satisfactory texture.
- Add salt to your liking after you have tasted it and then mix again.
THe cooking part:
- Sprinke salt and pepper on both sides of the salmons.
- Bake in the oven with 180 degrees for around 5 to 6 minutes
- Take it out and put the pesto sauce on the salmons, put it back in the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take it out, serve with a salad and enjoy!